Last updated: 25 May 2018
Highway Handyman Products, Inc. (“Highway Handyman”, ” we“, ” our“, ” us“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a limited company established in the U.S. with a office at 4881 Biscayne Avenue, Eagan, Minnesota 55123, USA.
If you are using our Services in connection with your employment, your employer is your data controller for the purposes of the GDPR, and we are data processor collecting and use that data only to provide the services to your employer. Your employer may have their own privacy notices that will apply to your use of our Products and Services. Your employer will have access to your usage information, such as courses taken and results.
1. Collection and use of Information
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our Products and Services:
- when you request a quote for our products, or submit questions, queries or feedback via our Website, email or social media, including your email address if you send an email to us, as it is in our legitimate interests to provide our Products and Services, communicate with you and provide customer support per your request;
- your country and IP address, as it is necessary for our compliance with legal obligations to identify where our users are located in connection with EU tax laws;
information we automatically collect from your computer, mobile phone, or other access device on how you use the Website, including your IP address; device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system; and standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website (” Technical Usage Information“).
We collect Technical Usage Information as it is in our legitimate interests to provide effective Products and Services and useful content to you, in order to:
- personalise our Website to ensure content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Website, Products, and Services to improve the customer experience;
- administer the Website, and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- keep the Website safe and secure; and
- measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
Other cookies remain saved to your computer’s hard drive and enable us to recognize your computer in the event of a later visit to our website (so-called persistent cookies). It is particularly these cookies that allow us to make our Website more user-friendly, effective and safe. Thanks to these files, for example, it is possible to display information specifically suited to your personal preferences on a certain web page. These cookies will be erased automatically once the retention period expires.
The legal grounds for processing the cookie information consists of the execution of the agreement as well as of our rightful interest towards the safe and user-friendly presentation of our Website.
They enable us:
- to estimate Highway Handyman’s audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics;
- to continually improve Highway Handyman’s; and
- to recognize you when you return to the Website.
The help function in the menu of most browsers explains how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, how to signal to your browser about the reception of a new cookie and also, how you can erase all collected cookies as well as how to block all future ones.
We remind you however that, in the event of limited cookie settings on your computer, you may not be able to use all functions of our Website to the fullest extent possible.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
- cloud storage providers including AWS located in the United States to store the personal data you provide and for disaster recovery services;
- service providers for payment services to handle receipt of payment for products and services at our Website.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; and
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16 for any purpose. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under age 16, we will attempt to delete that personal information as soon as possible and take any other measures required under applicable law.
5. Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing or market research, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
6. Your rights
Where you request information and/or purchase our Products and Servicesas an individual, you have certain rights including to find out what information we hold about you and review, update, and correct the personal information you provide us by logging into your account.
You have certain rights in regard to your personal information. You have the right to ask us to access the personal information we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your information and who we share it with. You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete and we will endeavor to do so without undue delay.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you:
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information;
- where we are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal data; or
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information:
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal information as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of information about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us via the Website at https://www.highwayhandyman.com, or contact email@example.com. In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights above are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, our trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons, or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
7. International transfers
If you are located in the EU, your personal information will be transferred to and processed by:
- Highway Handyman personnel located in the United States under the terms of the EU Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU; and
- our third party suppliers (as described above) located outside the EEA where such transfers will either be: (i) to a recipient certified to the US Department of Commerce’s EU-US Privacy Shield; or (ii) subject to the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses). For more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.